So October was BUSY mostly just in terms of blogging though!
I meant to blog every day of the month for Blogtober and was mostly successful. I ended up taking a break the last week due to several health issues that popped up.
It’s kinda hard to write with a mild concussion.
I thought it was interesting to see how my stats improved after a week and a half of posting every day. I think it’s part in thanks to writing good blog posts as well as posting consistently.
I’ll do a bigger post about my stay analysis later though.
After a week and a half of posting, I saw a big gain in views for the month. I almost caught up to my success in May but not quite. Still, the views were a large increase compared to the previous two months.
This was a 59% increase compared to September which was pretty great. I found out my brother also was reading one of my blog posts after he decided to critique it over text messages. Thanks bro.
In terms of new Blog Posts, my character sheet did really week and I rode the Dune posts all the week up to the movie and past it. I think blogging around a popular cultural event helped drive traffic.
Nothing really new or surprising here. However I find it interesting that I gain more views from Facebook than I do Twitter which I’m more active on.
The USA and United Kingdom taking the top two spots aren’t surprising considering I write this blog in English. However, I’d like to say hello to all my Malta visitors! It’s wonderful to see you here!
I gained several new blog followers in October and my blog continues to rack up views.
I think this is a fun chart to see what days I posted however I wish it would give me more data and information. I can’t click on these to learn more.
Considering I kept posting late at night, I’m not surprised that my best view time went from 8am to 10pm.
Blog Posts I Wrote
- Rant – Why is diversity still so controversial?
- The New Dune Movie Review
- What I’m planning on writing for Nanowrimo this year.
- Let’s Talk Bookish: What’s your back up plan for posting?
- Do the Majority of People Not Read for Fun?
- Science fiction classics I have read.
- Rating all of the Dune book covers I can find
- Why I Chose WordPress for my Author Blog
- Rating the Dune Movie trailers before I see the film
- The Pros and Cons of Writing via the Computer vs Paper
- (Repost) The History, Usage, and Language of the Hand Fan
- What It’s Been Like Blogging Every Day For a Week.
- (Repost) Book Review- Ready Player One
- Writing Tips: My Master Character Sheet
- Book Review – White Cat (Curse Workers #1) by Holly Black
- Book Sale Haul: October 2021
- The kinds of books you see at used book sales
- What I Wrote this week, 10/8/2021
- Science fiction classics I’ve never read.
- My late informal start to Blogtober!!
- September Review + October Forecast
I’m not positive I will continue to blog as often as I did in October although I saw positive results from it. I’m planning on working a lot of overtime at work for Thanksgiving this month.
However I do plan on trying to come up with some themed posts for the week and participate more often in Blog Tags and Memes.
I’m currently still trying to finish my library books, hoping to finish one of the books this week. I’ve been taking forever to read it but I got distracted with Dune.
One again, maybe this month I will finally upgrade my blog plan and finish converting blog posts to audio posts. I just haven’t been logging into my laptop in a while because it’s SO FREAKING SLOW.
Eventually I will though.
I also am planning on posting some more bookstagram posts and I will be requesting some ARCS as soon as I get through my library books and some books I’m borrowing from friends.
I’m also participating in Nanowrimo this month and so I will be keeping the blog updated about that. I plan on writing more writing advice themed posts this month and posting my book reviews.
Thanks so much for everyone’s support in October, it means a lot to me!